Hard to Recycle Center (H2RC)
Since 2019, Fight Dirty Tybee has operated a drop-off center for hard to recycle (H2R) materials at the Old School Building, part of the YMCA complex. Please direct any questions to [email protected]. Thank you!
Please do not leave anything at the H2RC that is not on the following list, or we risk losing our space at the Y. If you have recyclables that are accepted by the City, please take it to the City recycling trailer Memorial Park located next to the Y complex on Jones. These include cardboard, plastics #1 or #2, paper, aluminum and tin/steel cans.
Residents can drop off the following items, provided they are clean, dry, and reasonably free of remaining product, at the H2RC off 5th Street:
– #5 plastics, must be clean with no label (fun fact: these are combined with beach trash and made into new products in our Upcycling workshop!)
– #6 rigid cups, e.g., Solo cups, and containers. They must be rigid, not expanded polystyrene, i.e., Styrofoam.
– Personal care products: Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps (if #1 or 2, please use the city’s trailers), conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, spray triggers. Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes and caps, soap dispensers and tubes, body wash containers and caps, lotion dispensers and caps. Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils.
– Oral Care products: Toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, and floss containers – please, no floss!
Other items currently accepted:
- Plastic film, packaging & grocery bags, please remove paper labels
- Pet food bags, all brands
- Corks, only real cork, not plastic or rubber
- Brita filters & pitchers – only Brita brand
- Razor blades and packaging/handles of any brand
- Printer cartridges of any brand and size
- Drink pouches & straws, all brands, empty and dry please
- Alkaline & watch batteries
- Flip flops
- Beach toys (useable)
PLEASE DO NOT leave anything behind that is not on this list, or it will be thrown away.